NYU Langone Brooklyn Performing Provider System
NYU Langone Brooklyn Performing Provider System (PPS) is a partnership of more than 200 local healthcare providers, community-based organizations, and health systems. NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn is the lead PPS partner. The PPS is part of the New York State Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program.
The goal of DSRIP is to reduce avoidable hospital use in the New York State Medicaid program by 25 percent over 5 years, from July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2019. To do this, the DSRIP program supports initiatives being implemented by the NYU Langone Brooklyn PPS that share data, eliminate care gaps, facilitate care transitions, address a range of health and social needs, and improve the health of the entire population served.
Through DSRIP, the PPS implements and supports the following programs and initiatives:
- an integrated delivery system of healthcare providers and community-based organizations
- emergency care triage for at-risk populations
- a hospital observation unit
- community-based health navigation services, also known as the Patient Navigation Center
- behavioral health and primary care integration
- diabetes disease management program for high-risk adult populations
- a home-based self-management program for people who have asthma
- increased early access to, and retention in, HIV care
- tobacco cessation
The PPS is helping New York State achieve its goal of reducing avoidable hospital use through the following initiatives:
- building an information technology infrastructure to improve communication between partnering providers
- enhancing patient navigation and care management
- increasing opportunities for outpatient care
- working with payers to develop value-based payment mechanisms
- leveraging new and existing partnerships across the continuum of care, including with community-based organizations
Through a network that includes a wide range of healthcare services, from community-based organizations to certified home health agencies, NYU Langone Brooklyn PPS is helping to create a new model of coordinated care for people in Brooklyn who use Medicaid.
To learn more about NYU Langone Brooklyn PPS, please contact DSRIP@nyulangone.org.