Surgical Services at NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn
When surgery is the most appropriate treatment option for your condition, NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn offers the safest patient care experience in the borough. We have earned an “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade—the highest given to any hospital in Brooklyn. In addition, our nurses were the first in the borough to achieve Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Considered the gold standard in nursing excellence, it reflects our commitment to patient care and safety.
We provide all levels of surgical care, including acute treatment after a life-threatening accident through our Level 1 Trauma Center, cancer treatment through NYU Langone’s Perlmutter Cancer Center, and a host of urgent, elective, and same-day surgeries.
Our board-certified surgeons are skilled in both conventional and minimally invasive surgical techniques. Minimally invasive procedures that require imaging such as MRI and CT scans to guide the procedure are performed in our hybrid operating room. Robotic-assisted surgery is also available for many procedures, including bariatric, orthopedic, spinal, and lung cancer surgery.
Our surgical specialty areas include the following:
- bariatric surgery through the Weight Management Program at NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn
- breast surgery to treat breast cancer
- endocrine surgery for conditions affecting the adrenal gland, thyroid, or pancreas, including the Whipple procedure to treat pancreatic cancer
- general surgery, including colorectal, gallbladder, and hernia surgery
- otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat) and head and neck surgery
- orthopedic surgery
- plastic surgery
- thoracic surgery, including lung cancer diagnosis and treatment
- urologic surgery, including robotic-assisted procedures
- vascular surgery
If you require hospitalization after surgery, you are cared for in our inpatient units at NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn. Learn more about our in-room services, culturally sensitive care, and what to bring for your hospital stay.