Building Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital at NYU Langone
Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital at NYU Langone, which is scheduled to open in 2018 at the corner of 34th Street and First Avenue in Manhattan, is designed specifically to accommodate the needs of young patients and their families. It will be part of NYU Langone’s Helen L. and Martin S. Kimmel Pavilion.
A hospital-within-a-hospital, Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital will feature all private rooms. The objective is to create a dedicated healing environment addressing the special medical, surgical, and psychological needs of children.
Designed to be uniquely child-friendly and family-oriented, the new Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital will provide:
- a separate street entrance and elevator lobby exclusive to pediatric services
- a pediatric procedures center, as well as dedicated pediatric acute care and intensive care units
- overnight accommodations for a parent, if desired, for a child’s entire hospital stay
- a family resource room, teen room, expressive arts room, consult rooms, and more
- a landscaped outdoor garden with sweeping city views