Rusk Insights on Rehabilitation Medicine Podcast
Hear experts from NYU Langone’s Rusk Rehabilitation discuss the latest in research and treatment options during the Rusk Insights on Rehabilitation Medicine podcast.
The weekly podcast is hosted by Tom Elwood, DrPH. Dr. Elwood is the retired executive director of the Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions in Washington, DC, and is the author of two books on allied health.
In one-on-one conversations, Dr. Elwood discusses various topics with doctors, therapists, and other experts from Rusk Rehabilitation. These include the following:
- vestibular therapy for concussion
- how meditation can help those recovering from brain injury
- neuropsychological rehabilitation for military veterans who have experienced trauma
- how sensorimotor integration can be used to enhance motor control for people who have had a stroke
- using transcranial electrical stimulation to improve emotional regulation in people recovering from brain injury