We treat people of all ages, from infants to older adults, for conditions that affect the upper extremities.
Experts at NYU Langone’s Hand Center provide complete care for conditions and injuries of the upper extremities, such as your shoulder, thumb and fingers, wrist, elbow, and hand.
Our specialists are available to diagnose the entire spectrum of upper extremity problems, whether you need an evaluation or second opinion. We offer physical therapy, minimally invasive arthroscopic wrist and shoulder surgery, and reconstructive hand surgery.
We treat a variety of conditions, including:
- acquired conditions, such as trigger fingers and other tendinitis
- acute and chronic ligament injuries, such as those involving the thumb and fingers, wrist, and elbow
- acute and chronic nerve compressions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome or cubital tunnel syndrome
- acute and chronic tendon and nerve injuries
- arthritic conditions, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and gout
- congenital and spastic deformities
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- fractures and dislocations involving the thumb and fingers, hand, wrist, and elbow
- sports related injuries
- tumors and tumor-like masses, such as ganglions
We provide a variety of procedures, including custom splint fabrication, in which a certified hand therapist makes a molded splint to precisely fit your hand and your specific issue; reconstructive surgery for chronic posttraumatic problems, such as tendon transfers for nerve palsies; state-of-the-art arthroscopic surgery for any part of the arm or hand; joint replacements, including small finger joints and elbow joints; and collagenase injections for Dupuytren's contracture.
Our goal is to make your visit to the Hand Center an efficient and pleasant experience and to successfully treat your musculoskeletal condition or injury. Please call 855-NYU-Hand (855-698-4263) to make an appointment or for more information.
Our board-certified, fellowship-trained hand and upper extremity specialists evaluate and treat thousands of people each year, from infants to seniors.View All Doctors