Skin of Color Services
Every person’s skin has a unique tone, texture, and color that requires tailored treatment. Many skin conditions may appear differently, and can be more or less severe, depending on a person’s background. Diagnosing and treating these conditions in different skin types requires a well-trained eye. Our team of exceptional board-certified dermatologists provides comprehensive treatments for any and all skin conditions in people of color.
We are one of the few dermatology divisions in the United States dedicated to advancing and promoting care for skin of color. The conditions we treat and the surgical and cosmetic procedures we utilize for care are as diverse as our patients.
Skin of Color Conditions We Treat
Our dermatologists specialize in treating a variety of conditions affecting skin of color, including the following:
- cosmetic concerns, including skin aging and wrinkles
- keloids and hypertrophic scars
- dermatosis papulosa nigra, which are small, dark bumps that commonly appear on the face and neck
- hair loss, including central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia and traction alopecia
- hidradenitis suppurativa, a condition in which painful boils and scars form in skin folds
- skin discoloration, such as melasma
- hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation
- irritation of the skin and hair follicles, including conditions such as pseudofolliculitis barbae and acne keloidalis nuchae
- seborrheic dermatitis
- melanoma and other skin cancers
Our doctors are experts in advanced treatments including laser procedures, minimally invasive cosmetic procedures, surgery, phototherapy, liquid nitrogen treatments, and steroid injections.
Our Skin of Color Team
We specialize in providing dermatologic services for skin of color.