See a Doctor Today
Our doctors are available for virtual urgent care video visits daily between the hours of 8:00AM and 8:00PM.
Schedule a Video Visit10:30 am 10:45 am 11:00 am 11:15 am 11:30 am 11:45 am 12:00 pm 12:15 pm 12:30 pm 12:45 pm
What is Virtual Urgent Care?
Adults who need urgent care for minor medical conditions can video chat with a doctor from home, work, or on the go. This service is not for emergencies. For emergencies, call 911. Learn more about what to expect during a visit.How to Schedule a Visit
View step-by-step instructions on how to schedule and access a virtual urgent care video visit from your mobile device or computer.Conditions We Treat
Receive care for common medical conditions, such as cough, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, and more.
Treatment from Your Phone or Tablet
Access your Virtual Urgent Care video visit on a mobile phone or tablet with the NYU Langone Health app.Learn More
Our Care Team
Receive expert care from one of NYU Langone's doctors.
Simple Pricing and Payment
We offer both a flat rate payment of $126 or an insurance copay option for accepted plans.Learn More
You can schedule and access your virtual urgent care video visit from a mobile phone, tablet, or computer. We recommend using your mobile device and downloading the NYU Langone Health mobile app. Learn more about how to schedule a virtual urgent care visit and what to expect.
If you would like to use a computer, make sure it has a working web camera, microphone, speakers, and a high-speed internet connection. You must use an Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Safari web browser. If this is your first virtual urgent care visit, you will be prompted to download the VidyoWeb plug-in when you start your visit.
With our virtual urgent care service, you can have a private and secure video visit with one of NYU Langone’s emergency medicine doctors at your convenience. The communication takes place over a secure line and is used to treat non-emergency conditions. With virtual urgent care, you can:
- Receive an examination, diagnosis, and treatment from an NYU Langone doctor—just like a regular doctor visit.
- Get care for a variety of minor medical concerns such as cough, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, rash, allergies, and pink eye.
- Receive an after-visit summary containing a care plan and any follow-up instructions, including referrals for a specialist visit or diagnostic imaging. Your primary care physician can also be notified to follow-up with you about your visit.
- Prescriptions, if necessary, can be ordered and sent to a pharmacy of your choice.
- Currently, we can only treat adults ages 18 years and older.
- Our doctors are licensed to practice medicine in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. By law, you must be physically located within one those states at the time of treatment.
- An interpreter can join your video visit if you prefer to speak a language other than English. Interpreters are available in more than 200 languages to meet your needs.
Virtual urgent care is not intended to replace a visit to your regular doctor for routine healthcare needs. This service is intended to support your care when your doctor’s office is closed or in between appointments for urgent needs. You do not need a referral to see a virtual urgent care doctor.
What We Can Treat
We can treat a variety of minor concerns or complaints through virtual urgent care. Some common conditions we treat include:
- pink eye
- sinus pain
- urinary tract infection (UTI) or urinary frequency
- abdominal pain (minor)
- back pain (minor)
- cold sores
- cuts and bruises (minor)
- fevers (mild)
- headache (mild)
- lymph node swelling
- motion sickness
- mouth sores
- runny nose (rhinorrhea)
- sore throat
- sprains or strains
What We Cannot Treat
We are unable to treat more serious conditions that require an in-person visit to the doctor, including:
- acute vision changes
- behavioral and mental health issues
- chest pain or palpitations
- stroke-like symptoms, such as sudden-onset weakness, numbness, or tingling
- blood in the stool
- chronic pain
- complications of cancer treatment
- congestive heart failure
- coughing up blood, or hemoptysis
- drug overdose
- genitourinary complaints not related to a urinary tract infection (UTI)
- head injury
If you are experiencing one of the above conditions and require an in-person visit to the doctor, we can help you find a doctor and schedule an appointment.
If you are experiencing chest pain, difficulty breathing, choking, significant bleeding, stroke-related symptoms such as weakness on one side or slurred speech, thoughts of suicide or homicide, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency care location.
Your insurance plan may cover the cost of a virtual urgent care visit. If your insurance is accepted, you are responsible for the same low copay as for other top tier office visits.
If your insurance is not accepted, you can still use virtual urgent care services, but you are charged $126 for the visit. Check with your insurance carrier to determine if any portion of this charge is covered.
If you have questions about your virtual urgent care visit, please call us at 866-262-6458 between the hours of 8:00AM and 8:00PM.