My father was a general surgeon, and I was always very interested in his work. While participating in an elective in cardiothoracic surgery as a medical student, I interacted with many people who were facing life-threatening illnesses. This stimulated my interest in psychiatry, and specifically in traumatic stress.
My research has led to breakthroughs in our understanding of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) through the study of police officers, soldiers in combat, veterans, and civilians who have been exposed to sudden, usually life-threatening events. By mapping out circuits of the brain, researchers in our Department of Psychiatry are also making advances in how we diagnose, treat, and prevent conditions like schizophrenia, addiction, depression, dementia, and traumatic brain injury.
At NYU Langone, we not only have expertise in treating mental health conditions, but our clinicians also have compassion and a commitment to patients that go far beyond simply providing quality care. I take the time to listen to what my patients are feeling. From so many years of supporting people dealing with mental illness, I understand and empathize with the pain they’re going through. I am deeply committed to developing a trusting relationship to help patients recover their sense of effectiveness and hope for the future.
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
“The discovery of biomarkers for psychiatric conditions is advancing how we diagnose and treat these disorders.”Charles R. Marmar, MD Psychiatrist
One Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Cannabidiol for Treating PTSD symptoms and Neurocognitive Impairment in PTSD and PTSD Comorbid with TBI: A Placebo-controlled RCT with Neuralcircuit centered Precision Medicine Prediction of Response
Neuropsychopharmacology. 2022 Oct ; 47(11):1945-1952
Biological psychiatry. 2022 Apr 01; 91(7):626-636
Molecular psychiatry. 2021 Sep ; 26(9):4999-5009