Medicine was always in the cards for me. I’ve loved science and teaching since childhood and knew that I wanted to pursue a career that aligned with these interests. I gravitated toward psychiatry as the specialty that most allowed me to both treat and help educate people along the way.
At NYU Langone Psychiatry Associates, I work with people who have general psychiatric conditions such as anxiety, mood disorders, and trauma, but also have a special interest in addiction and co-occurring psychiatric and medical conditions—a specialty known as psychosomatic medicine—in particular, HIV. As a physician and psychiatrist, I work to ensure that a medical condition is not causing psychiatric symptoms or making treatment more difficult.
While I do some talk therapy, I mainly evaluate and coordinate care with other healthcare providers, including primary care doctors, psychotherapists, and any specialists. In a way, I’m like a coach, overseeing and guiding treatment. I typically manage a person’s medications, while working closely with their psychotherapist. My interest in integrative health allows me to recommend appropriate holistic options—acupuncture, mindfulness techniques, and yoga, for instance—often in conjunction with, but sometimes in place of, medications.
Our team has a diverse range of training and expertise, so we can meet almost any mental health need. If the assessment reveals that I’m not the right person to treat particular issues, I will work to find someone who is. We also strive to accommodate people’s busy lives and schedules, and for some patients I am able to offer online doctor visits through the NYU Langone Health app.
I enjoy working with adults of a variety of ages and from a range backgrounds, and I have many years of experience working with veterans and the LGBTQ+ community.
I also train NYU Grossman School of Medicine residents, the next generation of psychiatrists, which is an endeavor I find gratifying and also useful—I learn from them all the time.
Conditions and Treatments
- acute stress disorder
- adjustment disorder
- anxiety disorder
- attention deficit disorder in adults
- bipolar disorder
- gender dysphoria
- generalized anxiety disorder
- mood disorder
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- panic disorder
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- sexual health
- social anxiety disorder
- traumatic stress disorder
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
1 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Drug & alcohol dependence. 2014 Jul 01; 140:42-7
Annals of otology rhinology & laryngology. 2001 Dec ; 110(12):1117-9