I came to the world of psychology by way of a degree in English literature. I have always been fascinated with people’s stories.
At NYU Langone Psychiatry Associates, I treat people 18 and older who are seeking relief from emotional distress and improvement in their mental health. I have had success helping people navigate life transitions, manage workplace stress, improve and deepen their relationships, process traumatic events, enhance self-esteem, and explore the root causes of anxiety, anger, and depression. I aim to create a safe environment in which patients can move through their challenges to discover happier, freer, and more-fulfilling lives.
My approach to therapy is integrative, person centered, and collaborative. I am trained in several evidence-based approaches to therapy that allow me to tailor treatment to each person’s needs. I specialize in psychodynamic therapy, which centers on the relationship between patient and therapist and explores how early-life experiences affect people’s lives today. By reflecting on long-held narratives about themselves and the world around them, my patients gain self-awareness and develop strategies to better cope with their difficulties. Therapy helps them rewrite their stories.
For some people, cognitive behavioral therapy or a mindfulness-based approach to treatment may be a better fit. I offer these therapies as well.
Patients often say I have a strong memory for the details they share in session. I am an empathic listener, and one of my strengths is linking the patterns and threads of people’s lives together to help them better understand themselves. I want all my patients to feel that they are valued and really seen for their true selves.
Having completed postdoctoral training in geropsychology, which focuses on helping older adults and their families, I also have a strong appreciation for the range of issues people deal with over the course of their adult lives. Navigating the day-to-day pressures of caring for a loved one who has a serious medical issue, for example, can be particularly challenging. I’m committed to supporting these caregivers through group therapy.
I currently see patients via telehealth only—I offer video doctor visits through the NYU Langone Health app.
- Clinical Instructor, Department of Psychiatry at NYU Grossman School of Medicine
Education and Training
- PsyD from Yeshiva University, 2017
Is this your profile?Edit profile
Insurance Plans Accepted
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna EPO (AMEX employees)
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Value, Advantage and HDHP (New York University employees)
Locations and Appointments
NYU Psychiatry Associates
1 Park Avenue, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10016