Sports Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery Services
Otolaryngologists on the NYU Langone Sports Health team provide medical and surgical care to athletes and other active people of all ages who have injuries or conditions that affect the ear, nose, and throat. From broken noses and swimmer’s ear to sleep apnea and chronic sinus infections, our experts, also called ear, nose, and throat (ENTs) specialists, work to get you back in the game feeling—and performing—your best.
Our experts provide care to children through Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital at NYU Langone.
Conditions We Treat
Our ENTs diagnose and treat an array of conditions and injuries common to athletes and other active people, including the following:
- fractures to head and facial bones—including the temporal bones, cheekbones, eye sockets, and nose; and jaw fractures with no accompanying dental injury
- fracture of the larynx, or voice box
- external ear injuries—including auricular hematoma, in which blood pools under the tissue that covers the ear’s cartilage after an injury, as well as cauliflower ear, which develops after repeated and untreated trauma to the outer ear
- internal ear conditions—including exostoses, also known as surfer’s ear, an abnormal growth of bone in the ear canal caused by recurring infection or injury; ear infections; ear canal disorders such as eardrum injury or perforation; ear barotrauma, a condition in which a change in atmospheric pressure causes ear pain
- hearing loss
- facial lacerations
- chronic sinusitis and other sinus disorders
Through NYU Langone’s Voice Center, we also diagnose difficulty breathing during exercise caused by disorders of the vocal cords or larynx; stridor, or noisy breathing; and voice changes or hoarseness in adults and children. In addition, we collaborate closely with our colleagues at Rusk Rehabilitation. After your treatment, we may refer you there for physical therapy or speech–language pathology.
Our Sports Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery Experts
NYU Langone ENTs specialize in caring for athletes and other active people of all ages.
Laryngology & Voice, Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, Swallow and Airway
Otology & Neurotology, Skull Base Surgery, Otolaryngology
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery