At Winthrop Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, our team of doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, nutritionists, and diabetes educators works together to provide our patients with the highest level of personalized care.
We treat adults with diseases and disorders of the endocrine system, including adrenal disease, bone and mineral diseases, diabetes, lipid disorders, metabolic syndrome, obesity, osteoporosis, pituitary disease, and thyroid disease.
We offer the following services and programs:
- certified diabetes educators, who help you understand a diagnosis of diabetes and offer telephone follow-up for insulin dose adjustment
- the tech mastery program, designed to help people with diabetes make the best use of technology to manage their condition
- support for young adults transitioning from pediatric to adult endocrinology care
- a medically supervised weight loss program managed by a team of endocrinologists, registered dietitians, and nurse practitioners
- consultations for people with metabolic bone and calcium disorders such as osteoporosis
- evaluation and management of benign and malignant thyroid diseases, including hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism
- psychosocial support for people living with diabetes
Our doctors are also involved in endocrine and metabolic research that includes groundbreaking studies in diabetes, obesity, and osteoporosis.