We meet the rehabilitation needs of adults and children.
Rusk Rehabilitation Brooklyn at Shore Road provides specialized therapeutic care that includes physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech–language pathology services.
Physical Therapy Services
We provide physical therapy to help people as they recover from the following conditions and procedures:
- conditions that cause pain, such as fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis
- joint replacement surgery
- surgery to treat anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries
- stroke and traumatic brain injury
- pelvic floor rehabilitation for women experiencing urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse
- vestibular rehabilitation for people recovering from conditions that affect a person’s ability to balance, such as vertigo.
Occupational Therapy Services
Occupational therapy is available for people with injuries or illnesses of the hand. Treatments are provided for people healing from wounds, scars, amputations, fractures, dislocations, sprains, strains, and those diagnosed with hand arthritis, joint contracture, nerve injury, tendinitis, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Speech–Language Pathology Services
We provide speech–language pathology services for adults with swallowing disorders, voice disorders, speech and language disorders, and cognitive disorders. These are often related to stroke, traumatic brain injury, or conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and head and neck cancer.
We also provide speech–language pathology services for children with autism, developmental delays, articulation or phonological disorders, and receptive-expressive language disorders. For infants, we have a therapeutic program for babies born prematurely who need help with feeding and swallowing.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 718-921-2945.