We offer access to medical care to people who are experiencing housing issues, transitional living, or homelessness.
The Community Medicine Program—Family Health Centers at NYU Langone provides healthcare to adults through several New York City homeless services locations.
Our program reaches people who otherwise would have limited access to healthcare. We provide primary and urgent care as well as vaccinations, women’s health services, dental care, and health education. We also offer behavioral health services including psychotherapy and psychiatric evaluation.
In addition to our primary care services, we can connect our patients with doctors from more than 25 medical and surgical specialties.
Treatment for substance use is available to residents of the shelter system and those who are formerly homeless and living in the city’s supportive housing. Services include group therapy, supportive therapy, and medication. We also provide referrals and navigation services to help people enter detox programs and addiction rehabilitation.
Our care team includes doctors, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, psychiatric nurses, social workers, HIV counselors, care managers, and substance abuse counselors.
Community Medicine Locations
Our clinics can be found at the following residential shelters for people who are experiencing housing issues, transitional living, or homelessness. Except where noted, services are available to residents only.
- Atlantic House Men’s Shelter, 2402 Atlantic Avenue, 347-377-4230
- Barbara S. Kleiman Shelter for Men, 300 Skillman Avenue, 718-302-7366 (Community health services are available to anyone in need, regardless of housing status.)
- Magnolia House Women’s Shelter, 1424 Herkimer Street, 347-377-4231
- Park Slope Women’s Shelter, 1402 Eighth Avenue (health navigation and support services only)
- Bowery Residents Committee at 317 Bowery, 718-210-5293 (Community health services are available to anyone in need, regardless of housing status.)
- Bowery Residents Committee at 127 West 25th Street, 212-533-3281, extension 8624
- Keener Men’s Shelter, 64 Sunken Garden Loop, Wards Island, 347-377-4243
- Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation, 120 East 32nd Street, 347-377-3254 (Care is available to anyone who is homeless.)
- Project FIND, Woodstock Senior Center, 127 West 43rd Street, 347-377-4234
- Project Hospitality, 25 Central Avenue, 347-377-3257 (Care is available to anyone who is homeless.)
Community Medicine Clinic Care Team
The following doctors provide care through the Community Medicine Program:
- Dr. Ramin Asgary
- Dr. Mira Batra
- Dr. Kenneth Marx
- Dr. John McAdam
- Dr. Jacqueline Perez
- Dr. Derrick Tolbert-Walker
- Dr. Miranda Von Dornum
Care is also provided by the following nurse practitioners:
- Natalya Coles, NP
- Ursina Mercado, NP
- Marlene Othoniel, NP
- Erin Swepston, NP
For more information, please call 347-377-3520.