- Professor, Department of Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Nephrology), 1974
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine, 1971
Education and Training
- Fellowship, Department of Veterans Affairs-New York Campus, Nephrology, 1971
- Residency, New York Hospital - Cornell Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1969
- Residency, NYU Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1968
- MD from New York University, 1966
Research My Research
hypertension, clinical nephrology
Lois Anne Katz, M.D. has been a coinvestigator in several large VA Cooperative Hypertension Trials: (1) CSP 290 Monotherapy of Hypertension, (2) PATHS - Prevention and Treatment of Hypertension Study (involving behavior modification of patients who drink and have hypertension), (3) ALLHAT - The Antihypertensive and Lipid -lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial sponsored by the NHBLI. She is currently an investigator in ACCORD--Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes, which is sponsored by NHLBI. For the last 15 years she has also participated in many pharmaceutical company sponsored trials of new antihypertensive agents including ACE inhibitors, Ca channel blockers, and beta blockers.
She has also participated in an HSR&D Trial entitled Readiness for Managed Care which was performed in conjunction with Dr. Michael Yedidia at the Wagner School of Public Health.
Research Interests Timeline
Clinical journal of the American Society of Nephrology : CJASN. 2018 Nov 07; 13(11):1693-1702
American journal of kidney diseases. 2018 Mar ; 71(3):352-361
Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. 2017 Sep ; 28(9):2812-2823