As a psychologist, my desire to help people—while exploring my own evolving interests—has led me to work with people of all ages from diverse cultural backgrounds.
During my training, I was initially drawn to early childhood development and attachment, and later grew interested in understanding the effects of trauma. As a result, I now work primarily with adults in addition to children and adolescents. My unique background enhances my patients’ care by widening the lens through which I can understand their experiences and lives.
At NYU Langone Psychiatry Associates, I treat people who have grief, trauma, anxiety, depression, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). I also work closely with immigrants, who may be experiencing cultural as well as psychological changes, and people who have other health conditions, such as chronic pain and insomnia.
I’m trained in a variety of theoretical orientations, including psychodynamic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and attachment theory. I am certified in multiple gold-standard trauma treatments, including cognitive processing therapy (CPT), prolonged exposure therapy (PE), eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy (EMDR), as well as general CBT, CBT-I for insomnia, and CBT-CP for chronic pain. I integrate these various orientations to develop highly individualized treatment plans for my patients.
We strive to make mental healthcare accessible to more people, which is why we offer online doctor visits through the NYU Langone Health app as an option for some patients. This option can be especially convenient for new mothers and for people who are housebound due to a medical condition.
In addition to providing patient care, I’m the director of telepsychiatry for the Department of Psychiatry. I helped pioneer telemedicine at NYU Langone, working to ensure that patients have access to online doctor visits on a safe and confidential platform.
Conditions and Treatments
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- mood disorder
- acute stress disorder
- adjustment disorder
- social anxiety disorder
- anxiety disorder
- gender dysphoria
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- attention deficit disorder in adults
- bipolar disorder
- generalized anxiety disorder
- panic disorder
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- traumatic stress disorder
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Coordinator, Psychiatry Telehealth
Education and Training
- Fellowship, Yale Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Psychology, 2012
- PsyD from Rutgers State University of NJ, 2010
Insurance Plans Accepted
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
Locations and Appointments
Research My Research
trauma, grief and loss, immigration / acculturation, early childhood development and attachment, telemental health
1 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Research Interests Timeline
Journal of clinical psychology. 2019 Feb ; 75(2):271-281
Psychiatric quarterly. 2016 09 ; 87(3):427-43
American journal of geriatric psychiatry. 2015 Jul ; 23(7):744-53