I became a physician because I love working with children, adolescents, and young adults. The things they do and say fill me with wonder, and the struggles children and their parents sometimes face inspire me to do my best work.
As a psychiatrist, I help children, adolescents, and their parents to manage a broad spectrum of mental health conditions, including mood and anxiety disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, disruptive behavior disorders, and sleep disorders, in addition to a variety of high-risk behaviors like drug and alcohol use, self-injury, and unprotected sex.
Every child and parent has a unique perspective and set of concerns. My job is to listen and learn from them, and then share the evidence-based strategies that I think will best help them. Some treatment strategies include psychotherapies, school and community-based interventions, medications, or a combination of all three. I am dedicated to the care of my patients.
I lead the educational efforts of the Child Study Center at Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital at NYU Langone—supervising the child and adolescent psychiatry residency training program, medical student education, and our weekly grand rounds conference. I developed and continue to direct one of the nation’s largest undergraduate college programs in child and adolescent mental health studies (CAMS), at the College of Arts and Sciences at NYU. Within CAMS, we offer nearly 50 unique undergraduate courses, in addition to a series of interventions, including rapid education in sleep training (REST) and the wellness initiative at NYU (WIN). Both of these programs incorporate randomized controlled research trials so that we can determine the best way to improve sleep among college students and enhance their general resilience.
Additionally, I have authored more than 100 articles, chapters, and published abstracts throughout my career, along with 3 books.
Conditions and Treatments
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna EPO (AMEX employees)
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- World Trade Center - Sedgwick
- Unite Healthcare (NY University Care Plan)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Student Resources (NYU)
- United Healthcare Value, Advantage and HDHP (New York University employees)
WTC Health Program
- NY Fire Department - WTC
- WTC Health Program
1 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Public Health in Practice. 2023 Dec 01; 6:?-?
Public health in practice (Oxford, England). 2023 Dec ; 6:100411
Encyclopedia of Sleep and Circadian Rhythms: Volume 1-6, Second Edition. [S.l.] : Elsevier, 2023. p.588-597. (5461432)