I am a clinical psychologist and clinical assistant professor, diagnosing and treating people who struggle with addiction, anxiety, depression, and trauma.
I work with individuals and couples, and am trained in multiple evidence-based therapies, including psychodynamic psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), emotionally focused therapy, harm reduction, and mindfulness-based approaches. For individuals who are unable to come to my office, I offer online doctor visits through the NYU Langone Health app. This option is available when it is in support of the treatment plan and goals.
I also offer eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, which is used to treat post-traumatic stress disorder among military veterans and others who have experienced the effects of serious trauma, and am certified by the EMDR International Association. Additionally, I supervise CBT training for NYU School of Medicine’s psychiatry residency program.
My approach to therapy is integrative and collaborative. I aim to help people understand how their past impacts their lives and help them learn skills and strategies to effectively manage their present difficulties.
For people who have depression, anxiety, or addiction, therapy can help reduce these struggles. It can also help people develop more fulfilling relationships, make better use of their talents and abilities, build self-esteem, find healthy solutions to specific problems, and develop greater self-understanding and life satisfaction. Therapy can help people live with a greater sense of freedom and possibility.
Conditions and Treatments
- depressive disorder
- anxiety disorder
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- mood disorder
- sexual health
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- panic disorder
- couples therapy
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Education and Training
- Fellowship, James J. Peters VA Medical Center, Psychology, 2011
- PhD from Long Island University, 2010
Insurance Plans Accepted
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
Locations and Appointments
Research My Research
depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, addiction, relationship problems, couples therapy
One Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016