My interest in social work grew from a desire to work in the mental health field and become a psychotherapist. For the first 11 years of my career, I worked in community mental health with individuals, couples, and families who were coping with emotional and behavioral issues. This experience led me to pursue additional training in family therapy at the Ackerman Institute for the Family.
I work with people of all ages who are experiencing depression, anxiety, trauma, and family and relationship conflicts. Using a pragmatic and collaborative framework for therapy, I work with patients to promote changes that best meet their unique needs as individuals. I see therapy as a skillful combination of science and art, blending the important findings of research with the wisdom of experience.
I have been at NYU Langone for 17 years, where in addition to working with patients, I also train psychiatry residents and interns in family and couples therapy.
Conditions and Treatments
Insurance Plans Accepted
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO (NYU Winthrop Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Winthrop Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO (NYU Winthrop Employees)
- Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare
- United Healthcare AARP
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
Locations and Appointments
Research Academic Contact
1 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Journal of systemic therapies. 2014; 33(2):1-15
Family therapy as hypnotic conversation
Therapeutic hypnosis with children and adolescents. Norwalk, CT : Crown House Publishing Limited; US, 2014. 2nd ed.. p.325-347. (1363572)
American journal of clinical hypnosis. 2008 Jan ; 50(3):247-57