From a young age, I was interested in science. As a biology major, I became fascinated with the ways cells divide and become cancerous. Through a series of translational research experiences, I witnessed how basic science findings could be brought to the bedside and improve people’s health. My interest in cancer biology and passion for patient care, research, and teaching prompted me to pursue a combined MD/PhD degree program and subsequent certification in hematology and oncology.
Every patient that comes to me has a unique story and individual experience. I enjoy getting to know each person and providing personalized care and treatment options that suit his or her needs. I treat people with various types of malignant and benign hematologic conditions, with an emphasis on hematologic cancers. I have a specialty focus on plasma cell disorders, particularly multiple myeloma. I also see patients who have iron deficiency, bleeding and clotting disorders, and cancers involving the bone marrow and lymph nodes, such as lymphomas.
Our comprehensive care team at NYU Winthrop Hospital, part of NYU Langone Health, is highly trained to deliver innovative treatment options, conduct clinical trials, and offer supportive care to patients with blood disorders. I routinely perform bone marrow biopsies and therapeutic phlebotomy for certain conditions. Also, I co-direct the Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation Program, managing patients’ care throughout the transplant process. I encourage my patients to participate in clinical trials, which have the potential to improve outcomes. In addition, I collaborate with laboratory scientists to better understand the pathogenesis of multiple myeloma.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Medical Oncology), 2017
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Hematology), 2017
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine, 2014
Education and Training
- Fellowship, NYU Hospitals Center, Medicine/Hematology, 2017
- Residency, North Shore University Hosp (Manhasset, NY), Internal Medicine, 2014
- MD from SUNY-Downstate CollegeMedicine, 2010
- PhD from SUNY-Downstate CollegeMedicine, 2010
Targeted oncology. 2018 Oct ; 13(5):583-598
Methods in molecular biology. 2017 Nov ; 1643:45-73
Seminars in oncology. 2016 Dec ; 43(6):709-711