I was born and raised in eastern Long Island, New York, but my medical training took me to various parts of the country. I am very happy to have made my way back to New York as a physician providing care at NYU Langone Health.
I am board-certified in dermatology and fellowship trained in complex medical dermatology, with a clinical focus on hair and scalp disorders. It was during my dermatology residency that I discovered the need for more dermatologists who specialize in alopecia and the importance of giving a voice to a population of people who often feel disregarded. I quickly realized the significant impact alopecia has on a person’s confidence and overall quality of life. I recognize the importance of individuality when it comes to the effect a diagnosis has on someone as well as their response to treatment.
At NYU Langone, I work with an incredible group of people to conduct clinical research and novel therapeutic trials with a focus on alopecia. Together we strive to ultimately broaden our understanding of hair loss, in addition to providing new therapies used to treat them.
Conditions and Treatments
- hair disease
- hair loss
- nail disease
- post covid-19 care
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2023 Jan ; 88(1):176-179
JAAD international. 2022 Dec ; 9:69-71
JAAD international. 2022 Dec ; 9:122-124