I was first drawn to medicine because I wanted to help people. I chose hematology and oncology because they are rapidly evolving fields—through their advances, I can treat people using the newest therapies. More importantly, I can care for people by forging meaningful relationships with them.
I treat each patient as a partner, and together, we work toward a common goal. Communication with my patients and their caregivers is essential to providing the best care. I also prioritize providing my patients with access to clinical trials.
At Perlmutter Cancer Center, my colleagues and I approach cancer treatment as a collaboration between specialties. We offer patients the most current clinical trials and we strive to provide as much support as possible for patients and families during such a difficult time.
My clinical and research interest is gastrointestinal cancers, with a focus on liver and biliary cancer, pancreatic cancer, and gastric cancer. Currently, I am studying whether radiation therapy in combination with immunotherapy is an effective treatment for pancreatic cancer.
Conditions and Treatments
Show More Conditions
- Associate Professor, Department of Medicine
- Section Chief, Hematology and Medical Oncology, Bellevue Hospital
- Director, Bellevue Cancer Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Hematology), 2007
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Medical Oncology), 2006
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine, 2003
Education and Training
- Fellowship, NYU Medical Center, Hematology/Oncology, 2006
- Fellowship, NYU Medical Center, Hematology/Oncology, 2004
- MD from Albert Einstein College of Med, 2000
Clinical Trials and Research Studies
A Phase 3 Randomized Double-blind Study of Adjuvant Nivolumab versus Placebo for Participants with Hepatocellular Carcinoma Who Are at High Risk of Recurrence after Curative Hepatic Resection or Ablation
A PHASE III OPEN-LABEL RANDOMIZED STUDY OF ATEZOLIZUMAB IN COMBINATION WITH BEVACIZUMAB COMPARED WITH SORAFENIB IN PATIENTS WITH UNTREATED LOCALLY ADVANCED OR METASTATIC HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMA
World journal of gastrointestinal oncology. 2018 May 15; 10(5):108-114
Breast cancer research & treatment. 2017 Nov 9; 168(1):57-67
World journal of clinical oncology. 2017 Jun 10; 8(3):230-240