I was first drawn to medicine because I wanted to help people. I chose hematology and oncology because they are rapidly evolving fields—through their advances, I can treat people using the newest therapies. More importantly, I can care for people by forging meaningful relationships with them.
I treat each patient as a partner, and together, we work toward a common goal. Communication with my patients and their caregivers is essential to providing the best care. I also prioritize providing my patients with access to clinical trials.
At Perlmutter Cancer Center, my colleagues and I approach cancer treatment as a collaboration between specialties. We offer patients the most current clinical trials and we strive to provide as much support as possible for patients and families during such a difficult time.
My clinical and research interest is gastrointestinal cancers, with a focus on liver and biliary cancer, pancreatic cancer, and gastric cancer. Currently, I am studying whether radiation therapy in combination with immunotherapy is an effective treatment for pancreatic cancer.
Conditions and Treatments
- gastrointestinal cancer
- colon cancer
- rectal cancer
- pancreatic cancer
- esophageal cancer
- stomach cancer
- anal cancer
- gallbladder cancer
- biliary cancer
- liver cancer
- colorectal cancer
- abdominal tumor
- Associate Professor, Department of Medicine
- Director, Bellevue Cancer Center
- Section Chief, Hematology and Medical Oncology, Bellevue Hospital
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Hematology), 2007
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Medical Oncology), 2006
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine, 2003
Education and Training
- Fellowship, NYU Medical Center, Hematology/Oncology, 2006
- Fellowship, NYU Medical Center, Hematology/Oncology, 2004
- MD from Albert Einstein College of Med, 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
World journal of clinical oncology. 2019 Mar 24; 10(3):149-160
Chinese clinical oncology. 2018 Oct ; 7(5):50
World journal of gastrointestinal oncology. 2018 May 15; 10(5):108-114