I became a clinical psychologist out of a desire to help people overcome their struggles and reach their full potential. My particular interests led me to specialize in working with people who are coping with depression, anxiety, trauma, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, and addiction, among other mental health conditions, at NYU Langone Psychiatry Associates. I am passionate about helping individuals build their tool kits to become their own therapists, which is a skill they can use for the rest of their lives.
I use short-term, evidence-based psychotherapies, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), to help people develop the skills they need to manage their lives and meet their individual goals. In particular, I am a certified consultant for prolonged exposure therapy (PE) and a certified provider for cognitive processing therapy (CPT), which are evidence-based therapies for post-traumatic stress disorder. I also use CBT and ACT to treat depression, anxiety, adult ADHD, and addiction. When patients use those techniques to overcome stressful situations, negative thinking patterns, and emotional challenges, they feel empowered.
At NYU Langone, we have a collaborative approach to care. I work closely with other experts in the department and can refer patients to psychiatrists and neuropsychologists.
It’s important that I make mental health services accessible to patients, which is why I offer online doctor visits through the NYU Langone Health app. Video visits can help remove barriers to people seeking care, ranging from location issues to life stresses. I offer patients the option of online doctor visits as long as it supports their treatment plans and goals.
In addition to caring for patients, I provide consulation to clinicians, organizations, and reputed companies on improving mental health policies and designing training programs. I am an active contributor to radio, television, news, and the print media on topics related to mental health. I cohost “The Psychiatry Show” on SiriusXM’s Doctor Radio.
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Value, Advantage and HDHP (New York University employees)
depression, PTSD, suicide, Veterans, Military, addiction