As a clinical psychologist at NYU Langone, I specialize in treating people who are experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, grief, and anxiety, including panic attacks, phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and social and generalized anxiety. I provide evidence-based treatments that are tailored to each patient to ensure that therapy is effective, collaborative, and growth-promoting.
I am extensively trained in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), including targeted treatments that specifically address the mechanisms of different disorders, and approaches that incorporate mindfulness and meditation.
I work remotely, so I talk with patients via video during online doctor visits using the NYU Langone Health app. The app is a secure and confidential platform that allows me to provide accessible and individualized care to all of my patients.
Given my interest in providing empirically supported treatments, I have been heavily involved in clinical research and have published articles on effective psychotherapy in leading medical journals, including the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), JAMA Psychiatry, Journal of Psychiatric Research, and Journal of Traumatic Stress.
Conditions and Treatments
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- depressive disorder
- anxiety disorder
- panic disorder
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- ringing in the ear
- grief counseling
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Education and Training
- Fellowship, Veterans Affairs Boston System, Clinical Psychology, 2012
- PhD from Boston University, 2011
Insurance Plans Accepted
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
Locations and Appointments
Research Academic Contact
One Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Research Interests Timeline
JAMA. 2015 Aug 04; 314(5):489-500
Journal of traumatic stress. 2012 Aug ; 25(4):469-74
Journal of personality disorders. 2015 Dec ; 29(6):794-808