NYU Langone has been my home for my entire professional life. After medical school, I came here to train in psychiatry, and I have been here ever since. I chose to specialize in psychiatry, because I saw an opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.
I now serve as the director of the Adult ADHD Program, where I treat adults who have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). I also help manage associated conditions, such as major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, and anxiety disorder. I work with a team that provides evaluations, diagnoses, medications, and cognitive behavioral therapy. Every one of us is focused on finding a treatment that fits each person.
There have been tremendous advances in our understanding of ADHD and other psychiatric disorders during the last decade. My own research examines ways to evaluate and treat people who have ADHD, such as by using new assessment tools, medications, and psychotherapies.
Some people who come to my practice are in their 30s, 40s, and 50s. For a long time, they have felt like something was wrong in their lives, but they didn’t know what it was. After a diagnosis, they often are flooded with feelings—relief that they finally understand what is happening, but also regret about not having been evaluated earlier.
I want patients to know that help is always available, no matter how long they have been experiencing symptoms of ADHD. We can only move forward. Today, we have very effective treatments available that can improve quality of life.
Conditions and Treatments
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Viacom Employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
One Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Journal of attention disorders. 2021 Sep ; 25(11):1632-1633
International clinical psychopharmacology. 2021 May 01; 36(3):117-125
Current psychiatry reports. 2020 Oct 23; 22(12):72