NYU Langone has been my home for my entire professional life. After medical school, I came here to train in psychiatry, and I have been here ever since. I chose to specialize in psychiatry, because I saw an opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.
I now serve as the director of the Adult ADHD Program, where I treat adults who have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). I also help manage associated conditions, such as major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, and anxiety disorder. I work with a team that provides evaluations, diagnoses, medications, and cognitive behavioral therapy. Every one of us is focused on finding a treatment that fits each person.
There have been tremendous advances in our understanding of ADHD and other psychiatric disorders during the last decade. My own research examines ways to evaluate and treat people who have ADHD, such as by using new assessment tools, medications, and psychotherapies.
Some people who come to my practice are in their 30s, 40s, and 50s. For a long time, they have felt like something was wrong in their lives, but they didn’t know what it was. After a diagnosis, they often are flooded with feelings—relief that they finally understand what is happening, but also regret about not having been evaluated earlier.
I want patients to know that help is always available, no matter how long they have been experiencing symptoms of ADHD. We can only move forward. Today, we have very effective treatments available that can improve quality of life.
Conditions and Treatments
- cognitive disorder
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- attention deficit disorder in adults
- Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Professor, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Vice Chair for Continuing Medical Education, Department of Psychiatry
- Director, Adult ADHD Program
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology - Psychiatry, 1986
Education and Training
- Residency, NYU Medical Center, Psychiatry, 1986
- MD from Emory University, 1982
Insurance Plans Accepted
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
Locations and Appointments
Research Academic Contact
One Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Clinical Trials and Research Studies
Postgraduate medicine. 2019 Aug 01; 1-12
Journal of attention disorders. 2019 Aug ; 23(10):1063-1078
Journal of attention disorders. 2019 Aug ; 23(10):1101-1110