As a psychologist, I guide individuals and families through treatment for mental health conditions with compassion and kindness. I am passionate about providing children, adolescents, and adults with individualized care using evidence-based practices and ensuring that each person’s voice is heard during treatment. I deeply value learning from others on my team and have a keen interest in new ideas.
As clinical director of the Gender and Sexuality Service at the Child Study Center at Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital at NYU Langone, I follow a gender-affirmative model of care and provide gender assessments for transitional care working with children, adolescents, young adults, and their families. I collaborate daily with our multidisciplinary team of providers dedicated to transgender health. Additionally, I supervise psychology and psychiatry trainees in gender-affirmative evaluations and psychotherapy.
I conduct individual and group therapy as part of the Anita Saltz Institute for Anxiety and Mood Disorders. Specifically, I treat patients who have anxiety disorders, mood disorders, tics and Tourette disorder, trichotillomania and body-focused repetitive behaviors, and school refusal using cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and habit reversal training.
In addition to clinical care, I am committed to teaching and training future mental health workers. I teach undergraduate students at New York University, as well as psychology interns, psychology externs, and psychiatry fellows at the Child Study Center. I also provide clinical supervision to predoctoral psychology interns, externs, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Director, Gender and Sexuality Service, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Education and Training
- PsyD from Yeshiva University, 2016
Insurance Plans Accepted
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
Locations and Appointments
Research My Research
dissemination, implementation, transgender youth, cognitive behavioral therapy
Archives of sexual behaviour. 2019 Oct ; 48(7):2003-2009
Transgender health. 2018 Feb ; 3(1):27-33
Affirmative Mental Health Care for Transgender and Gender Diverse Youth : A Clinical Guide. Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 2018. p.49-62. (3143582)