NYU Langone’s Fertility Center offers comprehensive, state-of-the-art infertility treatment at competitive rates. Please check with your insurance company prior to your first visit to learn what coverage you have for infertility-related treatments.
At the time of your visit, payment is due for any copay, coinsurance, or deductible related to your treatment. These payments are contractual obligations determined by your insurance carrier and we are obligated to collect them at the time of service.
We accept cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. You may call our office at 212-263-8647 with your credit card information for payment of any outstanding balance.
Our billing staff is available to answer any questions you have related to fees. They may be reached by calling 212-263-8647.
Our policy requires all payments to be made at the time of service. If you have insurance from a carrier we do not participate with, you are responsible for obtaining reimbursement for services rendered from your insurer directly.
Many health insurers have an online process that allows for verification of coverage for infertility services. We suggest that you contact your insurer’s customer service. Please note that even if you have an infertility benefit, you may still be required to obtain prior authorization before starting treatment.
Some insurance plans have lifetime maximums for infertility treatment and require prior authorization, precertification, or registration with infertility case management when it is determined that treatment is appropriate. Although our onsite finance department provides assistance whenever possible, it is your responsibility to obtain proper authorization or to register with the appropriate case management team at your insurance carrier.
Preauthorization does not guarantee payment. Benefits may be denied, or only partial payments may be made based upon the status of your benefit at the time the claim is processed. Patients covered under any insurance plan are responsible for payment of copays, coinsurance, deductibles, and excluded services and procedures not covered at the time of service or upon notification. The patient must provide full and complete information regarding their primary and secondary insurers, and follow the guidelines established by the carriers for obtaining benefits.
Insurance plans written in New York are mandated by law to provide coverage for infertility treatment and diagnosis. However, in vitro fertilization (IVF) and egg freezing is excluded from the mandate.
Major and minor surgeries must be preauthorized with your insurance carrier. In most cases, prior authorization for surgery is obtained by the administrative assistant of your consulting physician. A deposit for surgery is required at the time the surgery is scheduled. You are responsible for all outstanding charges, such as deductible, copayment, and denied charges when the insurer has determined its responsibility for the fees.
The Fertility Center currently participates in the following insurance programs: United HealthCare's Empire Plan as a Center of Excellence for infertility treatment, United Health Care, Aetna, OptumHealth, and Oxford (selected plans).
The services and fees listed below are provided as a guide and may not reflect every service. Exact fees are determined when a treatment plan is developed and implemented. All fees are subject to revision, and new fees may be implemented prior to the website being updated.
The following services and fees represent the basic charges for program services; additional fees are applied based on each cycle:
- IVF cycle—includes follicular monitoring by ultrasound, endocrine assays (from IVF cycle day 3 through day 28), cycle management fees, oocyte retrieval, assisted hatching, blastocyst culturing, embryo transfer, culture of oocytes, sperm preparation, and facility fee: $10,565
- frozen embryo transfer cycle: $3,565
- exclusive donor egg cycle: $28,800
- exclusive donor egg cycle using an agency donor: $20,800 (plus agency fee and donor compensation)
- exclusive donor egg cycle using a frozen donor egg agency: $9,650
- egg cryopreservation cycle: $9,200
- egg thaw cycle: $5,570
- anesthesia for oocyte retrieval: $1,100-$1,400 dependent on time and units
The following services and fees are in addition to the basic charges for program services:
- initial office consultation: approximately $500
- semen analysis: $200
- intracytoplasmic sperm injection: $2,500
- biopsy of embryo for aneuploidy or single gene defect and preimplantation genetic diagnosis (NYU Langone’s Fertility Center fees): $3,000 + shipping
- processing of biopsy for aneuploidy or single gene defect and preimplantation genetic diagnosis (outside provider fees): varies
- cryopreservation (includes first year of storage): $1,500-$2,250
- egg or embryo cryostorage (after first year of storage): $1,000
- sperm cryostorage (six months of storage): $250
- psychological counseling: cost depends on session type (individual, couples, donors): $200-$1,100
- prerequisite blood testing and screening: $800-$1,500
- medication (gonadotropin/Lupron™/synthetic hCG): cost depends on cycle type, pharmacy benefit, and/or the pharmacy selected: $2,000-$8,000
- testicular biopsy: varies
- endocrine assay: $105 per assay
- ultrasound (transvaginal or abdominal): $230
- agency banking fees (donor sperm, donor egg, frozen donor egg bank, etc.): varies, contact agency
Aside from charges from the Fertility Center, fees may also be incurred for outside providers. These fees include, but are not limited to, laboratory testing, radiologists, pathologists, anesthesiologists, pharmacy, or NYU Langone facility charges.