I decided to pursue clinical child psychology because of a love of stories and a love of science. I am fascinated by people’s narratives and how they change over time as people grow, learn, and develop. I am also interested in how science can help us establish new ways to solve human problems. Being a psychologist permits me to combine broader scientific knowledge with a personal understanding of each patient I serve.
I work with children who struggle with attention issues, disruptive behavior, and significant anxiety. Through parent training and consultation, I try to inspire caregivers to have confidence in their children and in themselves. Most of my work involves helping families who have run out of ideas about how to best help their child. My job is to help them take a fresh look at their challenges and their child’s patterns of behavior so that we can create meaningful, lasting change.
In my work with children and adolescents, my hope is to help them understand who they are, what they can do, and who they wish to be. As the son of two retired teachers, I particularly enjoy collaborating with school teams to support students with academic, social, and behavioral difficulties.
I am a father myself, and I believe this gives me a valuable, empathic perspective on my work. I know how difficult parenting can be, so helping others rediscover confidence and joy in their parenting is deeply rewarding to me.
At NYU Langone’s Child Study Center, our practitioners possess a deep knowledge of the scientific literature, and we have extensive training in child psychology and psychiatry. We focus on empowering families by changing cognitive and behavioral patterns using evidence-based approaches.
We are also actively developing new methods of tracking treatment outcomes. This helps us understand how children respond to care and leads to improved results.
Conditions and Treatments
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Viacom Employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
1 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Journal of abnormal child psychiatry. 2008 May ; 36(4):459-69
Journal of clinical child & adolescent psychology. 2003 Jun ; 32(2):290-5
Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 2001 Jul ; 40(7):787-94