- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology at NYU Long Island School of Medicine
- American Board of Radiology (Neuroradiology), 2007
- American Board of Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology, 1997
Education and Training
- Fellowship, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Interventional Neuroradiology, 2000
- Fellowship, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Interventional Neuroradiology, 1999
- Fellowship, University of Southern California/LAC+USC Medical Center, Neuroradiology, 1998
- Residency, Aultman Hospital, Diagnostic Radiology, 1997
- MD from Northeastern Ohio University, 1992
Is this your profile?Edit profile
Insurance Plans Accepted
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- NY Medicaid
Locations and Appointments
Neurointerventional Medicine PLLC
6702 3rd Ave (Outpatient Office), Brooklyn, NY 11220
Research My Research
Stroke, Biomedical Engineering, Cerebral Aneurysms, Brain Perfusion, Brain AVM, Animal Models, Clinical Trials
As a senior Academic Neurointerventional Radiologist, I have had the opportunity to care for and treat thousands of patients suffering from complex cerebrovascular diseases. Over the last 25 years, I have pioneered many Stroke Interventional Programs throughout New York City, leading multi-specialty collaborations, developing novel clinical diagnostic and therapeutic protocols, serving as PI or Co-PI in many clinical trials (MERCI, ARUBA, TEAM) for Acute Stroke, Brain AVMs, and Brain Aneurysms.
In addition, I have strong background and extensive experience in basic science research and animal modeling, having led or collaborated in the development and testing of novel tools and devices, including Brain Perfusion Imaging (CTP in Acute Stroke, Humans), Near InfraRed Spectroscopy (NIRS in Acute Stroke, Primates), and Selective Hypothermia for Brain Protection (Swine).
Over the last 15 years, I have actively teamed with the Mechanical Engineering Department at Stevens Institute of Technology (Professor Yong Shi's Lab) on numerous BME and MEMS research projects, where we have explored novel properties of piezoelectric nanofibers and their potential application for developing active robotic devices for neurovascular and stroke therapy. I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to work closely with our team and mentor many students of all levels (Undergraduate, Masters, PhD) in his lab, which has led to numerous publications, successful PhD awards, and NSF funded research grants.
- Nano and MEMS biomedical engineering for endovascular diagnosis and therapy of cerebrovascular conditions include devices for thrombus retrieval in stroke and endovascular robotic navigation
- Development of novel animal models for device testing including evaluation of selective hypothermia for neuroprotection in stroke, optical NIRS imaging in stroke, mechanical thrombectomy and robotics
- Exploration and study of advanced brain perfusion and functional imaging to assess tissue thresholds for ischemic penumbra and infarct, development of AI platforms for cerebrovascular diagnosis and therapy
- Human Clinical Trial participation to test novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for management of cerebrovascular conditions (brain aneurysms, avm’s, stroke)
Research Interests Timeline
A multi-asperity adhesive contact model for catheter and vascular artery contact in endovascular surgery
Biomedical microdevices. 2023 Jan 31; 25(1):7
Endovascular external carotid artery occlusion for brain selective targeting: a cerebrovascular swine model
BMC research notes. 2015 Dec 21; 8:808
Novel model of direct and indirect cost-benefit analysis of mechanical embolectomy over IV tPA for large vessel occlusions: a real-world dollar analysis based on improvements in mRS
Journal of neurointerventional surgery. 2016 Dec ; 8(12):1312-1316