As a child and adolescent psychiatrist with NYU Langone’s Child Study Center, I work with children, adolescents, and young adults who have all types of mental health disorders. I have a particular interest in working with college-aged youth who are transitioning into adulthood.
My treatment strategy is based on The Science of Happiness class that I teach to undergraduates at NYU. Recognizing a youth’s challenges helps me understand what brought the person to treatment. By learning what makes them happy, I can show them how to use their own strengths to overcome challenges and flourish.
My research focuses on the role of happiness in improving wellbeing and reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression. I am the recipient of several teaching awards and have been named to New York Super Doctors seven times and was named to its “Rising Stars” list for New York three times.
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
462 First Avenue
Second Floor, A244
New York, NY 10016
Evidence-based practice in child & adolescent mental health. 2022 Jan 01; ?-?
Positive psychiatry, psychotherapy and psychology: Clinical applications. Cham, Switzerland: Springer Nature Switzerland AG; Switzerland, 2020. p.33-46. (5246982)
Child & adolescent psychiatric clinics of North America. 2019 Apr ; 28(2):157-169