NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Center East 53rd Street’s Convenient Midtown Location Means More Services, Less Schlepping for Busy New Yorkers
For women, a doctor’s appointment can present a string of challenges: carving out time from a hectic schedule, finding childcare, coordinating transportation. Combine that strain with the need for wellness visits, pregnancy care, or treatment for complex conditions such as endometriosis, and the logistics can be daunting.
NYU Langone Health aims to ease the burden with a new state-of-the art multispecialty practice, called NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Center East 53rd Street, located between Lexington and Third Avenues.
“Our vision is to provide care throughout the entire course of our patients’ lives, starting in adolescence, through pregnancy and midlife, and extending to life after menopause,” says Dana R. Gossett, MD, the Stanley H. Kaplan Professor and Chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at NYU Grossman School of Medicine. “By growing thesize of this practice, we can provide more personalized care by connecting our patients with specialists right in the same building.”
The new facility is home to the following:
- more than 30 obstetrician–gynecologists from NYU Langone Obstetrics and Gynecology Associates
- NYU Langone’s Endometriosis Center
- Maternal–Fetal Medicine at NYU Langone Obstetrics and Gynecology Associates, specializing in high-risk pregnancy care
- an on-site operating suite for minor procedures, such as biopsy and hysteroscopy
Additional services coming soon include the following:
- the main office of NYU Langone Fertility Center (relocating from First Avenue in Manhattan)
- Joan H. Tisch Center for Women’s Health (relocating from the Upper East Side)
- the new Center for Fibroid Care
- services for perinatal mental health, menopause, and urogynecologic conditions
- a new radiology location for mammography and other imaging services