NYU Physician: Fall 2011
The Burden of Diabetes: The Obesity Pandemic; Avoiding Amputation; Therapies on the HorizonDownload PDF
Inside This Issue
- The Burden of Diabetes: The obesity pandemic; avoiding amputation; therapies on the horizon.
- What Are the Odds of Losing Weight?: Two overweight teenagers beat the odds and transform their lives.
- Saving Lives and Limbs: Diabetes robs 65,000 Americans of limbs each year. But some can be saved.
- Why Can't They Just Stop Eating?: Learning to treat obesity.
- Blocking Rage!: For the past two decades, Ann Marie Schmidt, MD, has been leading the fight against this angry-sounding protein that triggers diabetes.
- Can Obesity Be Linked to Diabetes?
- Another Danger of Secondhand Smoke: Hearing Loss
- What Does the Nose Know?
- Ten Years On: In the aftermath of 9/11, asthma and other conditions persist