123 Physicians at NYU Langone Medical Center Recognized As “America's Top Doctors” By Castle Connolly
NYU Langone Medical Center today announced 123 physicians were recognized as national medical experts by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. in the 12th edition of “America's Top Doctors.
Among the best in the country, our doctors continue to be recognized for their expertise and exceptional care of patients,” said Robert I. Grossman, MD, dean and CEO of NYU Langone Medical Center. “We are extremely proud of all of our world-class physicians. They prove every day that excellence is our specialty.
Each year Castle Connolly identifies the top 1% of physicians in the nation, in more than 60 medical specialties and subspecialties for the care and treatment of more than 1,700 diseases and medical conditions. Among those recognized this year are:
- William L. Carroll, MD, the Julie and Edward J. Minskoff Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Oncology, and director, NYU Cancer Institute
- Jack Dodick, MD, professor and chair, Department of Ophthalmology
- Steven R. Flanagan, MD, Howard A. Rusk Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine, and chair, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Silvia C. Formenti, MD, the Sandra and Edward H. Meyer Professor of Radiation Oncology, and chair, Department of Radiation Oncology
- Steven Galetta, MD, the Philip K. Moskowitz, MD Professor and Chair, Department of Neurology
- Aubrey C. Galloway, MD, the Seymour Cohn Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery, and chair, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- John G. Golfinos, MD, associate professor and chair, Department of Neurosurgery, and associate professor, Department of Otolaryngology
- Herbert Lepor, MD, professor and the Martin Spatz Chair of the Department of Urology
- Joseph McCarthy, MD, the Helen L. Kimmel Professor of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, and chair, Department of Plastic Surgery
- H. Leon Pachter, MD, the George David Stewart Professor of Surgery, and chair, Department of Surgery
- Seth J. Orlow, MD, PhD, Samuel Weinberg Professor of Pediatric Dermatology, chair, Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology, and director of the NYU Center of Excellence on Cancers of the Skin
- J. Thomas Roland, Jr., MD, the Mendik Foundation Professor of Otolaryngology, chair, Department of Otolaryngology, and professor, Department of Neurosurgery
- Joseph D. Zuckerman, MD, the Walter A. L. Thompson Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, and chair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Faculty recognized by Castle Connolly represent the full spectrum of specialty care at NYU Langone including: gastroenterology, infectious disease, internal medicine, radiology, obstetrics and gynecology, pain management, pediatric and pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, preventative medicine, psychiatry, reproductive endocrinology, and rheumatology.