NYU Langone Health has been recognized by Forbes magazine as one of the Best Employers for Women 2022 and by Seramount—formerly Working Mother—as a Best Company for Multicultural Women. These are the latest in a growing list of accolades for being a “best place to work.”
“It’s an honor for NYU Langone to be nationally recognized for fostering a work environment where women—and all our staff—can thrive professionally,” says Nancy Sanchez, executive vice president and vice dean for Human Resources at NYU Langone Health. “We are committed to being a ‘best place to work’ for every employee, and these accolades show that we are on the right path.”
Best Employers for Women 2022
To select its honorees, Forbes magazine partners with an outside research firm that polls current NYU Langone employees and employees at comparable organizations.
The Best Employers for Women 2022 were chosen based on an independent survey of 50,000 current employees at companies with at least 1,000 workers in their U.S. operations. Responses from women were in some cases weighted higher than those of other respondents. The evaluation was based on the following criteria:
- Direct recommendations: Employees were asked to give their opinion as to their likelihood of recommending their own employer as a place to work.
- Direct recommendations: Women were asked to rate their own employers regarding parental leave, family support, flexibility, discrimination, representation and career development, and pay equity.
- Indirect recommendations: Respondents evaluated other employers in their respective industries. Only the recommendations of women were considered.
- Diversity among top executives/board: An index was built based on the share of women in executive management or board positions.
“This recognition is yet another accolade that speaks to the work that we are doing to support our employees and specifically women,” says Molree Williams-Lendor, JD, LMSW, senior director of workplace culture and inclusion at NYU Langone. “And the fact that this list is based on responses from employees within our industry—including at our own institution—is just further confirmation that our efforts have had a positive impact.”
Best Company for Multicultural Women
This is the third consecutive year that NYU Langone has been recognized as a Best Company for Multicultural Women by Seramount.
This professional services firm, which tracks how organizations create cultures that attract and advance women of various cultural backgrounds in the workplace, evaluated NYU Langone on factors including workforce profile, recruitment, retention and advancement, company culture, and accountability.
“This is such a proud moment—to be recognized not only for our dedication to women, but also for our support for multicultural women, and ensuring that they feel empowered in every aspect of their professional pursuits,” says Williams-Lendor. “We know diversity is one of our core strengths at NYU Langone. And we’re committed to being a workplace where our multicultural employees feel they can contribute at the highest level and be proud of the careers they’re building here.”
NYU Langone’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives support all of our staff and include the following:
- employee resource groups (ERGs) and diversity, equity, and inclusion committees
- training workshops on respect and civility, fighting bias, understanding and addressing microaggressions, fostering inclusion, mitigating unconscious bias, and more
- diversity recruitment programs for staff, including partnerships with historically Black colleges and universities (HBCUs) and their alumni associations, as well as our informal mentorship “Buddy Program” for veterans
- the Institute for Excellence in Health Equity
- offerings from NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s Office of Diversity Affairs
- trainings, resources, and mentorship programs offered by NYU Long Island School of Medicine