NYU Langone Health continues to improve access to primary and specialty care at NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Bay Ridge, recently welcoming 10 new specialists in cardiology, hand surgery, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, otolaryngology, and spine surgery.
“Three years since its opening, we continue to expand comprehensive care at NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Bay Ridge to make it easier for patients to see the best clinicians in their respective fields,” says Andrew Rubin, senior vice president for clinical affairs and ambulatory care at NYU Langone. “The new providers are welcome additions for these clinical areas in particular as they are in high demand.”
The outpatient care center, located at 6740 Fourth Avenue in southwest Brooklyn, is now home to more than 50 providers across a dozen clinical areas who deliver streamlined care to more than 420 patients daily. The center also features a women’s health program and an imaging suite.
New Recruits Bring World-Renowned Expertise to Brooklyn
As part of NYU Langone’s commitment to enhancing local access to high-quality care where patients live and work, the following clinicians now see patients at NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Bay Ridge.
- Two new surgeons recently joined NYU Langone’s world-class orthopedic care team in Bay Ridge. Juan C. Rodriguez-Olaverri, MD, PhD, specializes in the surgical and nonsurgical treatment of scoliosis, spina bifida, spine injuries in athletes, and many other conditions of the spine. Patients travel from around the world to seek Dr. Rodriguez-Olaverri’s expertise. In addition, Jadi E. De Tolla, MD, a hand and wrist surgeon, specializes in conditions and injuries of the upper extremities.
- Expanding NYU Langone’s nationally ranked Department of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, three new specialists have been recruited to treat conditions of the ear, nose, and throat (ENT). Marie T. Homsi, MD, a pediatric otolaryngologist who specializes in ENT issues in infants and children, recently joined the practice, as well as Kinneri Mehta, MD, and Loris Dawes, NP, who both treat ENT issues in adults.
- To meet the need of growing families in Brooklyn—where more babies are born than anywhere else in New York City—NYU Langone welcomed Kelly J. Flores, DO, and Maureen L. Clark, DO, who provide obstetrics care for pregnant patients, as well as offer wellness care for women of all ages. Maternal–fetal medicine consultations for high-risk pregnancies and deliveries are performed for new and expecting parents at NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn.
- Adding to the location’s expertise in cardiac care, two new subspecialty cardiologists now provide personalized heart treatment at the practice. Adam Small, MD, is a cardiologist who specializes in adult congenital heart disease, and Robert J. Knotts, MD, is a cardiac electrophysiologist who specializes in heart rhythm disorders.
- Helping patients manage their personal health needs, Valeriia Shnayder, MD, is a new internal medicine physician who provides comprehensive preventive care.
Integrated, Nationally Acclaimed Care
NYU Langone consistently comes out on top nationally, in New York state, and the metro area across the leading healthcare quality ratings, including Leapfrog, U.S. News & World Report, Vizient, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Patients of NYU Langone have access to more than 350 locations across the region and in Florida.
In Brooklyn, NYU Langone offers a full range of primary and specialty care at more than 60 locations, which includes 2 emergency department locations, NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn, and Perlmutter Cancer Center—Sunset Park.
Deborah “DJ” Haffeman