NYU Langone Medical Center today announced that 128 physicians across the spectrum of care were recognized as top doctors by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. in its 14th edition of “America’s Top Doctors.” Castle Connolly identifies the top 1 percent of physicians in the nation, in more than 60 medical specialties and subspecialties for the care and treatment of more than 1,700 diseases and medical conditions.
Among those recognized from NYU Langone this year include:
- Jack Dodick, MD, professor and chair, Department of Ophthalmology
- Steven R. Flanagan, MD, the Howard A. Rusk Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine and chair, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Silvia C. Formenti, MD, the Sandra and Edward H. Meyer Professor of Radiation Oncology and chair, Department of Radiation Oncology
- Steven L. Galetta, MD, the Philip K. Moskowitz, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Neurology
- Aubrey C. Galloway, MD, the Seymour Cohn Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery and chair, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- John G. Golfinos, MD, associate professor and chair, Department of Neurosurgery
- David L. Keefe, MD, the Stanley H. Kaplan Professor and chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Reproductive Endocrinology)
- Herbert Lepor, MD, professor and the Martin Spatz Chair, Department of Urology
- Seth J. Orlow, MD, PhD, the Samuel Weinberg Professor of Pediatric Dermatology and chair, Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology
- H. Leon Pachter, MD, the George David Stewart Professor of Surgery and chair, Department of Surgery
- Michael P. Recht, MD, the Louis Marx Professor of Radiology and chair, Department of Radiology
- Eduardo D. Rodriguez, MD, the Helen L. Kimmel Professor of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and chair, Department of Plastic Surgery
- J. Thomas Roland, Jr., MD, the Mendik Foundation Professor of Otolaryngology and chair, Department of Otolaryngology
- Joseph D. Zuckerman, MD, the Walter A. L. Thompson Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and chair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
In addition, 390 physicians, including those listed above, were recognized among the leading doctors in the region by Castle Connolly in their 18th edition of “Top Doctors: New York Metro Area.” Each year Castle Connolly identifies the top 10 percent of primary care and specialty doctors in the metropolitan New York region.
These rankings represent a growing number of accolades the Medical Center has recently received for providing excellent care. Of note, earlier this year NYU Langone again ranked number one for overall patient safety and quality according to UHC 2014 Quality and Accountability Study and received a Gold Seal of Approval by The Joint Commission, reflecting a commitment to high quality care. NYU Langone was also named to U.S. News & World Report’s 2014 – 2015 “Best Hospitals Honor Roll,” as one of the top hospitals in the country, as well as recognized with 13 nationally ranked specialties.
Deborah (DJ) Haffeman