Breast Plastic Surgery Services
Plastic surgeons at NYU Langone reconstruct the breast after breast cancer surgery and improve the overall appearance of the breast for those seeking reconstructive or cosmetic plastic surgery.
We offer all of the latest reconstruction techniques, including the following:
- breast reduction using the short scar method, which involves a smaller incision than traditional techniques and thus has more cosmetically appealing results
- breast lift surgery, or mastopexy
- secondary breast reconstruction and augmentation surgery, which is performed as a separate procedure after surgery to remove all or part of the breast
We also perform breast reconstruction using perforator flaps. In this procedure, performed using microvascular surgical techniques, a new breast is created by using tissue removed from either the stomach or buttocks. Techniques we use include the deep inferior epigastric perforator, known as DIEP, and superior gluteal artery perforator, also known as S-GAP.
Our surgeons are experts in the treatment of the following conditions:
- breast sagging, also known as breast ptosis
- breast hyperplasia or macromastia, a benign condition resulting in the overgrowth of breast cells
- breast hypoplasia, known as underdevelopment
We use three-dimensional imaging to assist in preoperative planning, long-term evaluation, and follow-up care after breast reduction, reconstruction, or augmentation.
Our breast plastic surgery services are offered as part of our internationally renowned Hansjörg Wyss Department of Plastic Surgery. We offer innovative and technologically advanced techniques for all types of reconstructive and cosmetic breast surgery.
Our Breast Plastic Surgeons
Our team of plastic surgeons has vast expertise using the newest techniques to perform breast reconstruction and cosmetic breast surgery.
These surgeons are available at NYU Langone Plastic Surgery Associates—33rd Street. To schedule an appointment, please call 212-263-3030.
- Daniel J. Ceradini, MD
- Alexes Hazen, MD
- Jamie P. Levine, MD
- Eduardo D. Rodriguez, MD
- Pierre B. Saadeh, MD
- Vishal D. Thanik, MD
The following surgeons practice at NYU Langone Plastic Surgery Associates—47th Street. To schedule an appointment, please call 212-355-5779.