NYU Langone Urology 2015 Year in Review
Extraordinary Advances for Patients: Our 2015 Year in Review highlights our commitment to advance urological healthcare delivery, research, and education.Download PDF
Inside This Issue
NYU Langone’s urology team achieved extraordinary advances for patients in 2015. We have partnered with radiologists, pathologists, medical oncologists, and health policy experts to improve screening, detection, and treatment techniques, leading to better patient outcomes.
In both international publications and national Food and Drug Administration advisory panels, our urology experts led the conversation about new and established techniques in focal therapy.
Finally, with an $8.3 million grant from the National Cancer Institute, our Goldstein Family Bladder Cancer Research Group is continuing to study the molecular tumorigenesis of bladder cancer.
Highlights of our annual report include:
- Prostate Cancer: Better Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Bladder Cancer: Genomics and Animal Modeling Help Identify Subtypes
- Female Pelvic Medicine: Studies Shed Light on Pelvic Sling Use and Underactive Bladder
- Andrology: Dispelling Concerns About ED Drugs and Hormone Therapy
- Pediatric OEIS: Team Successfully Repairs Birth Defect
- Education and Training: A New Generation of Physician-Scientists