We enhance the health and wellbeing of dancers and dance companies by providing affordable medical and preventive care.
The Harkness Center for Dance Injuries (HCDI) at NYU Langone’s Hospital for Joint Diseases is dedicated to providing dancers with high quality and affordable injury care and preventive resources. As the world’s leading authority on dance medicine, HCDI enhances the health, wellbeing, and quality of life of dancers and dance companies by providing breakthrough approaches to injury prevention, advanced medical treatment, education and training, and research.
HCDI is the go-to location for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation for dancers. Each year, the center’s faculty and staff provide thousands of evaluations, treatments, and screenings for performers at its clinical locations and at dance company facilities, schools, performance spaces, and even backstage.
The services we offer include:
- orthopaedic, medical, and emergency care
- physical therapy and athletic training
- therapeutic Pilates, yoga, and acupuncture
- on-site company care, including backstage coverage and ongoing injury surveillance
- continuing medical education
- referrals to psychological services, nutritional counseling, gynecology, and primary care
Injury prevention programs include:
- free, one-on-one injury prevention assessments
- annual health screenings
- educational workshops
- functional movement assessments
- “land safely” biomechanical analysis
- pointe-readiness evaluations
- ergonomic and raked stage evaluations
To learn more about our services and to make an appointment, please call 212-598-6054 or email email@example.com. You can also sign up to receive our quarterly e-newsletter, In Contact, and follow us on Facebook.
More About Harkness Center for Dance Injuries
Plan Your Visit
Harkness Center for Dance Injuries
614 Second Avenue
Suite G, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10016
Harkness Center for Dance Injuries—Dance Clinic
240 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003