Whether you’re an amateur or professional athlete, we can help you bring your A game.
At NYU Langone’s Sports Performance Center at NYU Langone Orthopedic Center, we believe everyone, no matter your fitness level or exercise history, has an inner athlete. With proper instruction, training, and support, we can help you find yours.
From developing the foundations of functional and athletic movement to finding the keys for unlocking optimal power output, movement efficiency, and energy utilization, our exercise physiologists help you perform at your best.
We rely on the latest fitness training research and couple it with the most advanced testing equipment to help you identify and achieve your goals, whether they include managing an injury or clinical condition, surpassing a fitness plateau, or developing your full athletic potential.
High Tech Facility and Equipment
The heart of the Sports Performance Center is our 7,200-square-foot gym. This facility offers unique, state-of-the-art equipment used for sports performance testing, including:
- BTS infrared three-dimensional motion capture with integrated P-6000 force plates and FreeEMG technology for the assessment of movement efficiency, force distribution, and muscular activation during sport-specific movements
- AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®, incorporating the same technology the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) uses to train its astronauts, which reduces impact on the lower extremities following injuries or during training
- Parvo Medics’ TrueOne® metabolic testing equipment, used with the Lode Excalibur sport cycling ergometer, which is the same equipment used at U.S. Olympic Training Centers
- Dartfish Video Motion software, which applies biomechanical analysis to help athletes improve their technique
- Woodway, a high-performance treadmill that increases shock absorption for runners and triathletes
- Vasa Swim Ergometer for conditioning of swimmers and triathletes
- Shuttle MVP Pro plyometric trainer for developing muscular power
- CompuTrainer® cycling trainer, the gold standard for cycling power assessment with electronically generated inertia and drag factor to simulate true road feel
Our Expert Staff
Our sports performance staff brings unique expertise to your fitness program. Our team, led by center director Debbie Newman, includes registered clinical exercise physiologists who have certifications from the National Strength and Conditioning Association, American College of Sports Medicine, Functional Movement Systems, Titleist Performance Institute, and USA Track and Field. A registered health and sports dietitian, clinical nutritionist, and sports psychologist also help you meet your goals.
Make an Appointment
Call us at 646-501-7109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.