Wanda's Fund for Kids
Richard Nass, M.D.
43% Raised of $300,000 Goal
About My Campaign
Being a sick kid in the hospital is difficult and can be traumatic. You can bring joy into the lives of these children and those who love them by donating to Wanda’s Fund for Kids. Your generous contribution, regardless of size, goes directly to the Child Life programs at NYU Langone Medical Center. Child Life provides children with many vital services, and Wanda’s Fund helps make many of those services possible.
Right now Wanda’s Fund for Kids is providing support for the following programs:
Therapeutic Play/Expressive Arts in the activity room and at individual bedsides
- Toys for children in isolation
- Toys and games for inpatient and outpatient playrooms
- DVDs and video games for bedside, Emergency Department, and clinical areas
- Arts and crafts materials
Coping Kits and Prize Bins
- Coping kits and refills for 10 treatment rooms, Emergency Department, and clinical areas
- Prize bins and refills for 10 clinical areas
- Medical play corners with dolls and toy doctor kits
- Teddy Bear Clinics
- Medical education materials including teaching dolls and digital media
Children in the hospital or visiting any of its offices, as well as their families, have access to these games and prize carts.
In 2017 Wanda’s Fund would like to help fund these programs:
- Kid’s craft party – @ $100 each
- Kindle Fire® fully loaded with movies, books, and music – 6 units @ $500 each
- Hospital-grade security stands for Kindles® and iPads® – 5 units @ $1,000 each
- Go-Pro Hero5 camera, battery, memory card, tripod - 2 units @ $500 each
- Crayola® Color Alive augmented reality coloring packs – 40 units @ $6 each
- Apps for distraction, creative arts, and movies - $750 annually
Why Wanda’s Fund for Kids
On June 1, 2015, my beloved wife, Wanda, passed away from a non-smokers’ type of lung cancer. Wanda cared deeply about everyone, but she had a special commitment to children. As a pediatric nurse, first in oncology, and later in surgery, she was a fearless advocate, protector, and cheerleader for her young patients.
In order to commemorate Wanda’s life and continue her life’s work, my daughter Jessie and I started this campaign and have pledged to raise $300,000 over the next three years to finance it. We hope you will help us fulfill this pledge by making a donation in memory of Wanda.
In recognition of our pledge, NYU Langone named the playroom at the Stephen D. Hassenfeld Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders in Wanda’s honor.
If you’d like more information:
- If you would like to speak with someone at the NYU Langone Development Office directly, please call Ms. Hillary Griffin at 212-404-3668
- If you have any questions for me, please call 646-902-1370
Richard Nass, M.D.
This campaign supports: NSG Therapeutic Recreation
The content or links contained in this page are not products of NYU Langone Health.