Support Child Life at Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital
Therapeutic Recreation, Child Life & Creative Arts Therapies
About My Campaign
For children of any age, life in the hospital and repeat visits to an outpatient clinic for treatment can be frightening and frustrating at times, but it can also be fun and engaging. At Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital, there is a team of highly trained specialists dedicated to helping children and families while they receive medical and surgical care.
The Child Life & Creative Arts Therapies team provides emotional and psycho-social support to children and families through developmentally appropriate activities and therapies. Your generous support will help us provide services to children including:
- Therapeutic play, including “medical play”
- Art therapy and music therapy
- Preparation for surgeries, medical tests and procedures
- Non-pharmacologic pain management and support during procedures
- Pet therapy
- Skyline TV, our closed-circuit TV studio
- Seasonal celebrations and special events
Monetary donations have the greatest impact and allow us to use the funds in ways most helpful for children and families. Donations of toys, books and games on our Amazon Wish List are also welcome.
This campaign supports: NSG Therapeutic Recreation
The content or links contained in this page are not products of NYU Langone Health.