As a licensed clinical psychologist at NYU Langone who works with adults and couples, I specialize in issues of cultural adjustment and attachment. I also have advanced training in treating eating disorders.
Life is like a story that can be understood in many different ways. Sometimes people get stuck in interpretations that can lead to anxiety, depression, negative relationship dynamics, and other types of distress.
Therapy can help change the habits of thought that make us feel stuck and help us gain new perspectives on our narrative—the guiding life stories we tell ourselves and carry with us.
My interest in human stories began with the study of literature. I completed a master’s degree in comparative literature at Stanford University before joining the field of psychology. I completed a postdoctoral fellowship at Columbia University Counseling and Psychological Services, where I worked primarily with young adults from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
I offer therapy in person at my office in Manhattan and online, through the NYU Langone Health app. I work from a psychodynamic and attachment-based lens to help individuals and couples create new stories for themselves. This form of talk therapy focuses on problem-solving through self-reflection and insight.
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Value, Advantage and HDHP (New York University employees)
American journal of infection control. 2022 04 ; 50(4):383-389
In-Between: Late-Arriving Teens in Adult Education Programs Navigating Child and Adult Immigrant Narratives
Journal of adolescent research. 2022; 37(3):311-352
Does trait interpersonal fairness moderate situational influence on fairness behavior?
Personality & individual differences. 2022; 193: