This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO (NYU Winthrop Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Winthrop Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO (NYU Winthrop Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare
- United Healthcare AARP
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Viacom Employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
Dr. McQuistion is Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at N.Y.U. School of Medicine and Director of the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health at Gouverneur|NYC Health+Hospitals.Previously, Dr. McQuistion was Chief of Outpatient and Community Psychiatry at St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital, Chief Medical Officer for Mental Hygiene Services at the New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene, and Medical Director of Project Renewal, Inc., a New York City nonprofit offering comprehensive care for disabled homeless adults.
He received psychiatric training at NYU-Bellevue Medical Center, where he was chief resident, and subsequently completed the Fellowship in Public Psychiatry at the New York State Psychiatric Institute and Columbia University. He has published, presented, and taught on issues in community
mental health and the care of underserved populations, especially as they concern advocacy, clinical engagement, psychiatric rehabilitation, substance misuse, and criminal justice. Dr. McQuistion is also the senior editor of The Handbook of Community Psychiatry (Springer, 2012). He is a Past President of the American Association of Community Psychiatrists, is a recipient of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Exemplary Psychiatrist Award, a Fellow of the New York Academy of Medicine, and a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
Dr. McQuistion has extensive experience as a clinician and in managing systems for people who are mentally ill and have substance abuse problems, practicing in emergency departments, inpatient and outpatient environments, shelter-based therapeutic communities, housing programs, and street outreach.His private practice draws on his accumulated expertise and concentrates on individual and couples’ psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, family psychoeducation, and cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia. He also offers educational and program planning consultation in behavioral health system management and clinical technique.
227 Madison Street
New York, NY 10002
Psychiatric services. 2019 Aug 22; appips201900125
American journal of medical quality. 2018 Mar/Apr; 33(2):210-212
Recovery orientation as the clinical matrix
A case-based approach to public psychiatry. New York, NY, US: Oxford University Press, 2018. p.3-10. (3054582)