I’m a cardiothoracic surgeon at NYU Langone’s Heart Valve Center, where I specialize in providing surgical care to patients who have heart valve disease. I am also part of the team that performs lung transplantation and heart transplantation at our Transplant Institute.
Caring for people who have heart conditions is very gratifying. Because of advances in cardiac surgery, I’m able to provide treatments for people with a variety of heart ailments, helping them live longer and more fulfilling lives.
When possible, I use minimally invasive surgical techniques, such as transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), that result in less pain and a shorter recovery time for my patients. I also specialize in all forms of cardiac surgery, including coronary artery bypass grafting, atrial fibrillation surgery, heart failure surgery, aortic surgery, and myectomy to treat people with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Additionally, I am trained in robotic cardiac surgery.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Education and Training
- Fellowship, NYU Langone Medical Center, Cardio-Thoracic Surg, 2016
- Fellowship, Temple University Hospital, Cardio-Thoracic Surg, 2014
- Fellowship, William Beaumont Hospital, Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery, 2012
- Residency, Kameda Medical Center, Cardio-Thoracic Surg, 2011
- Residency, Kameda Medical Center, Surgery (General), 2008
- MD from Keio University, 2005
Research My Research
Aortic valve disease, Mitral valve disease, Tricuspid valve disease, Coronary artery disease, Aortic aneurysm , Heart transplant , Lung transplant , TAVR, CABG, Aortic dissection , Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
530 First Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Research Interests Timeline
Journal of cardiac surgery. 2019 Jul 23;
Journal of thoracic & cardiovascular surgery. 2019 Jul ; 158(1):39-45.e1
Structural heart. 2019; (),(2019):