I evaluate and treat people of all ages who have anxiety, obsessive–compulsive spectrum disorders, eating disorders, tics, and many other conditions. My top priority when beginning any treatment program is establishing a compassionate and supportive relationship with all of my patients and their families.
My approach is active, collaborative, and results driven. I work hard to teach my patients active problem-solving and skill building. My focus is on empowering individuals and families by changing cognitive and behavioral patterns using evidence-based approaches. Through this process, my hope is to help people develop the tools they need to overcome their anxiety, depression, and fears, so that they can return to leading healthy, satisfying, and productive lives.
At the Child Study Center, part of Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital at NYU Langone, I coordinate the intensive treatment program for children and adolescents with anxiety disorders and obsessive–compulsive disorder, group cognitive behavioral therapy for children and adolescents with social anxiety, and educational workshops for parents of anxious children. I am also the director of the Tics, Tourette Disorder, and Trichotillomania Program at the Child Study Center, where we evaluate and treat people with motor, vocal, and body-focused repetitive behaviors, such as skin picking.
I strive to continually enhance my practice through specialized training and education to better serve my patients’ needs. I am certified in family-based therapy for anorexia, cognitive therapy, the comprehensive model for behavioral treatment of body-focused repetitive behaviors, and the Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention for Tics. Additionally, I am committed to training future mental health providers, particularly through my continued teaching efforts with undergraduate students at NYU and predoctoral psychology interns, postdoctoral fellows, psychiatry residents, and psychiatry fellows at NYU School of Medicine.
Conditions and Treatments
- Tourette syndrome
- anxiety disorder
- eating disorder
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- panic disorder
- tic disorder
- cognitive and behavioral therapy
- parent training
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO (NYU Winthrop Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Winthrop Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO (NYU Winthrop Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Viacom Employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
Use of technology in cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety disorders, Intensive OCD treatments, Pure Obsessional OCD, Innovative Interventions for Tics and Tourette Disorder
Open forum infectious diseases. 2017 Sep ; 4(3):ofx133
Current psychiatry reviews. 2016; 12(1):29-36
Cognitive and behavioral interventions in the schools : integrating theory and research into practice. New York : Springer, 2015. p.221-248. (1446492)