NYU Physician: Winter 2011-2012
Changing Perspectives on Women’s Health: Heart Disease, Breast Cancer Risk, Pelvic PainDownload PDF
Inside This Issue
- Changing Perspectives on Women’s Health: Heart disease, breast cancer risk, pelvic pain.
- The Toll of Heart Disease in Women: Research on women has lagged, but recent studies shed light on the mechanisms that cause heart attacks in women.
- Breast Cancer Risk: Researchers hope to give women a more precise assessment of their personal risk of developing breast cancer.
- Minimizing Disfigurement: Breast surgeons are offering a new kind of mastectomy surgery that helps women feel better about their bodies.
- A New Field of Medicine Offers Women Relief from Pain: The Women’s Rehabilitation Program at Rusk Institute considers every aspect of female physiology and anatomy.
- Surprising Answers Found to ACL Injuries
- Reducing the Risk of Miscarriage in IVF Pregnancies
- An HHMI Fellow Vows to Study Breast Cancer After the Disease Claims Her Mother’s Life
- A Q&A with Dr. Virginia Sadock on Women’s Sex Lives
- New Children’s Hospital Announced