NYU Physician: Spring 2012
Roaming Water Molecules Provide a Road Map of Complex Tissue, New Insights into CancerDownload PDF
Inside This Issue
- A New Kind of Cancer Probe: Advanced imaging techniques rely on roaming water molecules to visualize complex tissue.
- Seeing is Believing: Extraordinary advances in radiologic imaging and fluorescence microscopy are producing unprecedented images of the immune system, stem cells, and so much more.
- Illuminating the Roots of Violence: After identifying specific brain cells tied to aggression in mice, a researcher wonders whether her findings can be extended to quell violence in humans.
- Another Way That TB Subverts the Immune System
- A Neuroscientist Ponders How Our Powerful Brains Evolved
- The Controversy Over Avian Flu Virus
- What Pregnant Women Should Know About Their Thyroid
- A Q&A with Dr. Richard Tsien