Building Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital
Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital, which is scheduled to open in 2017 at the corner of 34th Street and First Avenue in Manhattan, is designed specifically to accommodate the needs of young patients and their families. It will be part of NYU Langone’s Helen L. and Martin S. Kimmel Pavilion.
A hospital-within-in-a-hospital, Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital will feature all private rooms. The objective is to create a dedicated healing environment addressing the special medical, surgical, and psychological needs of children.
Designed to be uniquely child-friendly and family-oriented, the new Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital will provide:
- a separate street entrance and elevator lobby exclusive to pediatric services
- a pediatric procedures center, as well as dedicated pediatric acute care and intensive care units
- overnight accommodations for a parent, if desired, for a child’s entire hospital stay
- a family center, teen room, resource library, consult rooms, and quiet lounge area
- a landscaped outdoor garden with sweeping city views