Our expert team offers compassionate care for children with a wide range of gastrointestinal conditions.
The Pediatric Gastroenterology Program, part of Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital of New York at NYU Langone, provides compassionate care to children and adolescents who have digestive difficulties and to those who have a broad range of conditions that can interfere with a child’s ability to eat and grow normally.
Conditions we manage include:
- celiac disease
- protein allergies
- ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- dysphagia, or difficulty swallowing
- gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD
- Hirschsprung’s disease, which is a rare congenital disorder that obstructs the bowel
- Helicobacter pylori infection, which is a bacterial infection of the stomach and intestines
- irritable bowel syndrome
- peptic ulcer, which is a sore in the lining of the stomach or the first part of the small intestine
Our Treatment Approach
We understand that both physical and emotional healing is needed for children with gastroenterological issues, so our team of gastroenterologists, surgeons, nutritionists, social workers, and family educators partners with children and families to deliver the highest quality care possible.
We offer a variety of diagnostic services to help accurately pinpoint the cause of your child’s symptoms. Our most common services include upper endoscopies and colonoscopies, in which a flexible scope with a camera on the end is used to look at the inside of a patient's intestines. We also perform diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures, including capsule endoscopy, in which your child swallows a small pill containing a camera to take pictures of the digestive tract.
Because the field of pediatric gastroenterology is complex, and many different chronic disorders affect the gastrointestinal tract or nutritional development of children, we offer a variety of specialized treatment programs.
Make an Appointment
Call 212-263-5940 to schedule an appointment with the Pediatric Gastroenterology Program. Please have the following information available:
- child’s full name, date of birth, and social security number
- full home address and home, work, and cell phone numbers
- diagnosis and name of referring physician
- name of the insured
- name of primary and secondary insurance and policy numbers
More About Our Pediatric Gastroenterology Program
Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital of New YorkOur experts provide the best care possible for conditions that affect children, ranging from minor illnesses to complex, more serious conditions.
Our pediatric gastroenterologists have many years of experience treating children with gastrointestinal, liver, and nutritional disorders. They have published research papers on celiac disease, eosinophilic esophagitis, and inflammatory bowel disease.View All Doctors